Saturday, August 10, 2019

Wrapping Up the Festival

I'm sorry I can't stay for a few more concerts: there is the Camerata Salzburg conducted by Roger Norrington doing Mozart, Stravinsky and Haydn, a piano recital by Arcadi Volodos, another by Khatia Buniatishvili, Verdi's Requiem with the Vienna Philharmonic conducted by Muti and on and on. Today's weekend Salzburger Nachrichten had three reviews. Four actors did a complete reading of James Joyce's Ulysses in the Landestheater which sounds fascinating. There were also reviews of the production of Winterreise and of Alcina. I really wish I hadn't forgotten so much German!

Today I am seeing a matinee of the Mozarteum orchestra doing a Mozart Divertimento, K. 137, the Piano Concerto, K. 595 with Francesco Piemontesi, and the Symphony No. 40. Conductor is Andrew Manze. And that will be it for me this year.

Here is that concerto with the Chamber Orchestra of Europe conducted by Trevor Pinnock, Murray Perahia, piano.


No comments: