Sunday, August 29, 2021

Salzburg People

One of the enjoyable aspects of traveling is people-watching. I don't try and take photos of people when I travel as it seems to be an invasion of privacy, but I certainly wish I had taken a few. One day when I was waiting at the bus stop a tall couple in their early 30s strode by. Tall and very good-looking by the way. What really stood out was that she was wearing a tiny beige bikini, just walking down the street in a Salzburg suburb.

Walking through the Mozartplatz on the way to a concert another couple, also tall and slim. She had short hair and he had long, flowing locks well past his shoulders. They looked like modern nobility.

Many older Salzburg men look surprisingly like Leslie Nielsen--I think it is the hairstyle.

An astonishing number of Austrians of all ages ride bicycles. There are bike lanes everywhere but at every intersection, the cyclists have to follow the same rules as pedestrians. Which resolves a lot of issues, I'm sure. And yes, they cycle when wearing skirts.

The audience for the Mozart matinee were the most conservative and almost exclusively residents I believe. Over 90% of the men were dressed in suits and ties, often with the traditional Austrian jacket:

Maybe next trip I will try and take a few people photos--unobtrusively!

Let's have an envoi! Here is a fun little video by pianist Tiffany Poon documenting her first visit to Salzburg. The first few minutes are furniture assembly, but from around the 3 minute mark she takes us on a little tour of the town.


No comments: