Thursday, April 11, 2024

Three Philosophy Channels on YouTube

One of the great things about YouTube is that you can educate yourself--for free--in just about any area of life. Though I would stay away from the "guitar in ten easy lessons" clips. I have learned a great deal in the area of philosophy on YouTube, so here are some people I follow in philosophy. No particular order. First up is Jeffrey Kaplan a super bright and crisp thinker that has an elegant and clear presentation and teaches philosophy in the US. Can you figure out how he manages to write backwards so fluently? He has lectures on a myriad of subjects including why physicalism is not possible. Here is his intro to philosophy:


 Next up is Victor Gijsbers who teaches philosophy in the Netherlands. I found his introduction to Wittgenstein's Tractatus to be very helpful when I was first trying to get into it.


And finally, Woan Ni, a philosophy student at the Sorbonne who has some of the most delightful philosophy videos. Here is one on Wittgenstein.



2 comments:

Victor Gijsbers said...

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it. :-)

Bryan Townsend said...

Oh yes, I found your discussion enormously helpful! One of the delights of the internet is who might leave a comment. The first time I wrote about Ted Gioia, the next morning he had left a comment.