Thursday, August 20, 2020

Rick Beato Redux

 I was uncomplimentary to Rick Beato the other day because I ran across a YouTube clip he did about jazz that was annoying because it was disorganized and avoided the topic. But, you know, he has a gazillion clips up and some of them are pretty ok, like the one on why Bach is great, and some are actually interesting like the one he did about imagination and pitch:

I liked that because it was succinct, exploratory and evidence-based. I'm not sure that it is such a great thing to be putting your young children into your videos, but hey. I don't have perfect pitch myself, but here is something really cool: when he mentioned the Third Brandenburg, because of the context I immediately tried to imagine, and sing, the opening notes. And you know what? I was right on.

But don't put on an early music group doing it, because they are at A = 415, not A = 440.

No comments: