Saturday, December 16, 2023

2023 Posts with the most comments: July

In the lead this month, a rather sparse one for blogging, is this one Don't you like good music? possibly because it has a Victor Borge clip. The topic was applause, when, if and how much. One comment:

I like silence before the music, audience silence during it, and then some silent delay before any applause after a finale. All this to set a meditative mindset for closest listening and purest internal response. Also I like formality in the dress and comportment of the artists. Usually I like them to leave any introductions of the music and musicians to the written notes. And please, no crinkly candy wrappers!

To which I replied:

That summarizes it nicely. I think we want a classical concert to be as different from a Taylor Swift show as possible.

No comments: