Thursday, June 16, 2022

A Few Haiku

One hobby includes writing haiku fairly regularly, so here are a few recent ones:

I need stress in Life.

Not too much, of course, but no

Stress is much like Death.

* * *

New pen in my hand

I almost have thoughts to match--

But no, same old me.

* * *

Surviving the worst

Is good for your character,

But I'd rather not!

* * *

Reddish purple blooms

On the lot next door, like a

Flag announcing Spring.

* * *

Optimism and

Humour, my engines of life

As I have no faith

* * *

A friend just said I should publish a book of haiku. Any thoughts on that? 

2 comments:

Will Wilkin said...

Thanks Bryan, these haiku gave me pleasure! I wonder if I might try to compose a few, and maybe even attempt setting them to melody... Thanks also for the inspiration!

Bryan Townsend said...

I've always been attracted to haiku because of the tiny crystals of thought they capture.