Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Happy 80th Birthday to Ringo

Way back when I was a teenager in high school eagerly awaiting the next Beatles album I never imagined that Ringo, for one, would be still going strong over fifty years later. But he is and unlike Keith Richards, he doesn't even look his age:


The BBC has a tribute article. I've been a fan of Ringo for a long time. He's a great and original drummer,. he's still touring and he's been married to Barbara Bach for thirty-nine years.

"Rain" is one of the best examples of Ringo's drumming:


2 comments:

Maury said...

Agree with you about Ringo as a pop drummer. One of the best. I would cite his drumming on Happiness Is A Warm Gun.

Bryan Townsend said...

Oh yes, Happiness is a Warm Gun is a great example. Listening to the White Album many years later, it seemed to me the Ringo almost reinvented drumming for every song.