Thursday, August 11, 2016

I'm going back!

As my regular readers know, I spent ten days in Madrid toward the end of May and blogged about it every day. It was so enjoyable that I just booked an apartment in central Madrid, near the Opera and Puerta del Sol, for the whole month of May next year. The cost is only $37 US a night! Madrid is probably the cheapest major European capital, with all the architectural and cultural treasures of the others (the Prado is one of the great museums of the world) but for much less. And, in my opinion, the food is even better. Here is a photo from my recent trip:


And everyone seemed glad to see me:


So, if you happen to be in Madrid next May, let's get together for tapas!

Some music by renowned MadrileƱos. This is "La Burgalesa" by Federico Moreno Torroba:


And here is another piece, this is "En los trigales" by Joaquin Rodrigo:


No comments: