Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Working Up to the 3,000th Post: Guitar Recordings

As you know if you read my biography, my main professional career was as a classical guitar soloist. I did a number of recordings in those years and some of them are quite listenable--well, you be the judge! They are mostly of the standard Segovia repertoire with the addition of some contemporary pieces. Here are some links:

This is the first clip I posted. It is the Carora. vals venezolano by Antonio Lauro. The video has some photos from my career as a guitarist.

There are a bunch of others scattered around on the blog under various titles, so I will just post some clips here. If they looked greyed out, don't worry, they will play anyway. It is just that they are not posted on YouTube. I intend to set up my own YouTube channel any day now!

This is one of the warhorses of the guitar repertoire: Asturias (Leyenda) by Isaac Albéniz, originally transcribed by Segovia:


And this is another one, the big tremolo piece Recuerdos de la Alhambra by Francisco Tárrega:


Here is a very Spanish piece by Joaquin Rodrigo: En los trigales:


This is a piece from Brazil by Isaías Sávio called Serões:



These take so long to upload that that is all I am going to post today. Incentive to get my YouTube channel up and running.

No comments: