Saturday, April 4, 2020

Saturday Musings

This is how my day is going:


* * *

The English have a unique approach to every crisis:


Next I expect the Bavarians to show us how it is done with excerpts from Wagner blatted from assorted balconies on tuba.

* * *

The Finns show a unique courtesy and grace: Opera Star Notifies Neighbours She is About to Resume Practicing.
Dear neighbours, I am temporarily living on the 7th floor, apartment 30. I will begin practising my singing on the coming Friday. My aim is to practise daily for around 2 hours between the hours 14-18.
My apologies in advance for the extra noise caused.
Kind regards,
Karita Mattila
* * *

Khatia Buniatishvili gets praise and blame for different things, but she has sparked some interest in the Liszt piano concertos for me:


* * *

There always seems to be something interesting going on in Iceland. This is Arngunnur Árnadóttir playing the Clarinet Concerto K. 822 by Mozart with the Iceland Symphony Orchestra, Cornelius Meister, conductor.


2 comments:

Dex Quire said...

I just want to thank our host Bryan Townsend for this site and his many wonderful posts and his mighty love of great music across a variety of types, genres, etc ... weird times we're living in ... the Salon is a great reminder of what matters, that what we love, music, cannot be extinguished ... Yeah!

Bryan Townsend said...

Dex, it is commentators like yourself that make doing this blog a real pleasure!