Sunday, May 28, 2023

A Sunday Free-Ranging Miscellanea

Yesterday afternoon was the last of the three concerts premiering my String Quartet No. 2 "Landscapes." Yes, I've decided to append that nickname officially to the quartet. It was an excellent finale to the series as it was in, by far, the best space acoustically--a large church hall with a glorious high wood ceiling. Also, my old friend Richard Volet was there to capture the performance in a recording that I will undoubtedly share with you in the coming weeks. The Pro Nova Ensemble were very comfortable with the piece by this point and gave a very fine performance and I gave my best impromptu introduction. So a good time was had by all and we retired to a White Spot for lunch afterwards.

For today, let me just share a few photos I have taken in the last few days.


Introducing the piece before the second concert

With the Pro Nova Ensemble at the second concert (in West Vancouver on the water)

Flying over the Gulf Islands on the way to Victoria in the seaplane

One of the BC Ferries that travel to the Island every hour (and hold 500 cars)

Acknowledging applause at the last concert in Burnaby

A successful concert!


2 comments:

Will Wilkin said...

I can't wait to hear it! Congratulations on realizing your music in a series of live concerts and a satisfactory recording! I'll be interested in the score once you publish it!

Bryan Townsend said...

I'll keep you in the loop, Will!