Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Today's Listening

Looking over my CD shelves I have a great box of mainly earlier music from Sony titled "Vivarte." One of the discs contains two divertimenti by Mozart performed by L'Archibudelli ( a string quartet with Anner Bylsma on cello and two natural horns).

All I can find on YouTube is the second movement of K 334, a theme and variations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqz7yp2FYbA

So let's not give up on actual physical media! If I hadn't gotten rid of all my vinyl decades ago I would still have a fantastic album of lute duos that contained a fantastic quick sarabande--the only one I have ever heard. It never made it to CD, let alone to YouTube.

Here is a different track from that lute duet album, and, ironically, YouTube won't embed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6WeYHlQh7s


2 comments:

TOM HOWARTH said...

I have the collection you reference here! Performances of all the singers and musicians is a treat.
I have bought quite a number of collections offered as I appreciate the editorial control that goes into a collection and can be exposed to much new music I may not otherwise have been.
They also generally come at a nice price point...

Bryan Townsend said...

Yes, the whole set is great! I'm still a CD guy--the streaming model doesn't appeal so much.