Saturday, August 7, 2021

Getting ready for the first concert

Before getting to that, here is a photo of the Boeing 747 that Lufthansa uses for the long flight from Mexico City to Frankfurt.


 I took that just after we landed. Lufthansa is a good airline in my opinion: efficient and courteous and they did not lose my suitcase.

Ok, the concert tomorrow is a program of chamber music by Morton Feldman with chorus and instruments. The performers are Cantando Admont and Klangforum Wien. Here is the program:

De Kooning for horn, percussion, piano, violin and cello

Chorus and Instruments II for mixed chorus, tubular bells and tuba

Chorus and Instruments I for mixed chorus and instrumental ensemble

Rothko Chapel for soprano, alto, mixed chorus, percussion, celesta and viola

The last piece I know fairly well as I did an analysis of it for a 20th Century Theory and Analysis seminar. But the others I haven't heard. Really looking forward to this concert! It takes place in the Kollegienkirche which is the church of the University of Salzburg, built around 1700. 

I've found the location of the church and it is fairly close to the other venues so I just have to sort out the bus route! No Uber in Salzburg, alas. Consulting my iPhone map, apparently I can walk there in only 21 minutes, so maybe I will do that.

No comments: