Sunday, November 22, 2020

Semperoper Dresden

I'm sorry, I don't have much for you today--or this week even. I've been busy with other things. Today, for example, I have been re-organizing my office and despite being at it for several hours, there is still lots to do. I got a new shelving unit that first I had to put together. I had to remove all the books from another shelf and move it to another room where it is going to hold most of my DVDs. Now I have a huge stack of books I have to go through and decide which to discard. But progress! Every couple of years you really have to reorganize your office--if you are like me at least. You want different stuff in different places. Also, over time, things become very disorganized. Anyway, that was today.

I ran across this photo of the Semperoper in Dresden, their opera house. My lord, it makes the Teatro Real in Madrid look like a barn in comparison:


Semperoper, Dresden

I am hoping to spend a month in Dresden sometime soon and look forward to attending operas in that opera house.


And here is a 2008 production of Verdi's Rigoletto from the Semperoper:



No comments: