Sunday, August 18, 2019

Salzburg, Ich muss dich lassen

I promise this will be my last Salzburg post--well, until next year, perhaps. I was just tidying up my iPhone and noticed a couple of photos I had taken and forgotten about. Here is a photo of Hohensalzburg fortress from the terrace bar near my hotel:

Click to enlarge

It's a bit hazy because I zoomed in. On my next to last day I went for a nice lunch at the Hotel Imbauer Pitter where I had an excellent wienerschnitzel and an Aperol sprizzer, the hip drink in central Europe these days. On my way out I noticed the dessert cabinet and thought, you know, I really need to come back here some day. If that doesn't make me seem too much like Salieri in Amadeus eating those Viennese pastries... But these just looked so tasty:


At the top is strawberry cream cake and below is cream cheese cake. In the photo below, on top is raspberry chocolate mousse cake and below nut cake, or perhaps cake with nuts? Hazelnut cake? Anyway, they seem to have a lot of great desserts and none of the ones I tried (just a few, I swear) were as sweet as they would be in North America.


No comments: