Wednesday, June 1, 2016

My favourite restaurant

After a modest amount of research, I have settled on my favourite restaurant for lunch in Madrid: Terramundi on Calle Lope de Vega. And it's not just because it is a block from my hotel! Every day they have six different specials on top of the regular excellent menu--and it is hard to spend more than $15 for one person. The only time I succeeded was because I bought a whole bottle of nice wine and took most of it with me. Today I had scallops, from the regular menu, and scallops of veal in vegetable sauce for the second course. Red wine, coffee ice cream and coffee. Here are some photos:


Here is a better look at the wine. That's the house red, a tempranillo, and if you order a glass, they just drop the bottle on the table. Help yourself. "Glass" is a relative term.


First course:


Second course:


And I forgot to take a photo of the dessert. It was just a glass of soft coffee ice cream, but it was really tasty!

I suspect that Spain is one of the best places to eat in the world these days. One thing I noticed, in this restaurant, all the cooks in the back are Asian.

Suitable music would have to be the Brindisi from La Traviata by Verdi:


2 comments:

Marc in Eugene said...

You can order online, even! :-)

Bryan Townsend said...

My gosh, you're right! I never even checked if they had a website.