There will be ten questions, the reader who gets the most right gets a lifetime subscription to The Music Salon. No t-shirt, though, we haven't got those yet. But soon. Maybe.
Oh, and no, you are not supposed to use Google.
- How many albums did the Sex Pistols release?
- What is the difference between serialism and dodecaphonic composition?
- Who, of these famous guitar players, is still alive? Eric Clapton, B. B. King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Francesco Corbetta.
- How many different pitches comprise an Italian augmented sixth chord?
- What does the title of Adele's latest album, 25, refer to?
- What pitch is the highest string of a Renaissance lute tuned to? A Baroque lute?
- How many tympani players are needed to perform Berlioz' Requiem?
- If you were dancing a branle, what country would you likely be in?
- In music theory, what is a pedal?
- Also in music, what does "Sturm und Drang" refer to?
UPDATE: You folks had better get busy with this quiz, because tomorrow I am going to put up the answers!