Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Funniest Music Story of the Day

I just ran across this story of how one sufferer responded to wild partyers across the way. I'm sure we have all been there, though my personal nightmare is of a young, clumsy, but ambitious, electric guitar student moving in next door. Here is a photo of the message:

Click to enlarge
One of the comments on the story is this one:
A few girls that lived a few rooms away from "party-central" were pretty fed up with the constant late night blast and decided to exact revenge on the boys about their hard partying ways.
Around 5:30am one morning, the girls dragged the speakers to their stereo out in the hallway pointed it at "party-central" and kicked out the jams. Within minutes the yelling and finger pointing between the two groups was at a fever pitch with lots of stomping around in jammies and each group accusing each other of being inconsiderate...
This reminds me of a threat I made a couple of times, but never actually put into action: If you wake me up in the middle of the night by playing horrible music I will retaliate by putting my speakers out on the balcony and blasting back in your direction the first movement of Shostakovich Symphony No. 7. It's the nuclear option!

UPDATE: And here is the clip of Shostakovich, Symphony No. 7, first movement:


2 comments:

RG said...

Hey! No clip of Shostakovich Symphony No. 7 ?!

Bryan Townsend said...

Done!